I often claim to have a Quilting "Hobby" in attempts to hide my obsession with fabric and color.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Rob's Quilt"

This is the quilt I made for our great friend Rob. He calls himself our "Genuine West Virginian Hillbilly Family". He is someone that Brian and I have known for years from Gaming, and the kids adore him. He lives near Pittsburg, PA. We go to visit when we can and have seen some amazing sites, including the Carnegie Museum, The Children's Science Museum, and of course, KENNYWOOD!!!
Jelly Roll Quilts: The Perfect Guide to Making the Most of the Latest Strip Rolls [Book]

I found this quilt in the book
and just knew it was the perfect pattern for him . His favorite color is blue, and having plenty in my stash, the only trick was limiting my choices.  This book is not only a great book for quilters who like using pre-cut fabric, but for those looking for ways to reduce that stash of larger cuts. I am hoping to get a strip cutter for my birthday, because lets be honest.....cutting lots of strips is BORING!


















I did a very basic diagonal hand stitch over the design in a medium blue thread. I was surprised and very pleased with the optical effect it had on the front giving the sashing squares a slight twinkle in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think, ideas, suggestions, or just say hi! I love knowing you were here!