I often claim to have a Quilting "Hobby" in attempts to hide my obsession with fabric and color.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh, for the love of Batik's

As I mentioned before, my mother is guilty of getting me hooked on Batik's. I have not fallen prey to the Civil War Reproduction Prints, or the 30's prints, but Batik's....

I think that my passion (obsession???) for fabrics is carefully hidden behind my quilting hobby. A fabric store is my venus fly trap. I cannot just go in to look, or just for one thing of thread. Nope, not happening. And help me if there is a sale!

Back to topic though, this is the quilt I made from Island/Thai Batik's. It is a modified 4 patch/rail block. Another wonderful pattern found in my favorite "Quilts and More"

It's hand quilted with a varigated blue-green thread in a 4 tulip pattern centered on each 12 inch block. I think I was a bit  overwhelmed by the intensity of the fabrics and not confident enough to use a darker thread to make thee quilting stand out more.

In all, this is my largest project to date, as it's roughly 100 x 100 inches. Nice for cold winter nights watching tv with a quilt in progress on your lap, but summer months....hence why this was almost a year in the making!

 ***For anyone NOT familiar with this publication, it is a quarterly magazine by Better Homes and Gardens~ well worth a peek!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think, ideas, suggestions, or just say hi! I love knowing you were here!