I often claim to have a Quilting "Hobby" in attempts to hide my obsession with fabric and color.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Necy and Bryan's Quilt

Continuing to post my past quilts, another one I loved doing was this "throw" sized tumbler I made for my dear friend Necy and her goofy husband Bryan. Necy shares my passion for Purple, and hey, Green doesn't hurt either.

This was another of those quilts where I just cut the fabric, tried real hard to be random in piecing it, and hand stitched it with a purple thread in the ditch. 

Funny thing happened today as I was pondering what to post. I went upstairs and picked up a UFO (my oldest daughters THIRD quilt) and laid it out for how I want to piece it up. Stacked the rows in sewing order, pulled the binding and backing fabrics, smiled....and then started looking through my stash for a new project to cut. Now seriously, what is wrong with this???? 3 in bags, cut and ready to sew, 3 tops pieced and folded with backing fabric waiting to be sandwiched, 2 pinned and in some state of quilting, and one I am actively hand quilting for a graduation gift. Oh, and the 2 I started, looked at at various states of pieced and wondered what I was thinking before being relegated to the drawer below my scraps. So why do I need to pull another project into the to do state???? It is an addiction......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think, ideas, suggestions, or just say hi! I love knowing you were here!