I often claim to have a Quilting "Hobby" in attempts to hide my obsession with fabric and color.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

2019 Already?

So, I realized after several YEARS of sewing, selling, and growing, that I had done NOTHING with my sites. And since Word of Mouth is a large part of my business, it was overdue and time to update.

In the time since I have posted last, I have:

*Become an equestrian and owner of 2 horses
*Become the mother of two adult children (they graduated HS and "aged" out of the home)
*Become the mother of a teen again (the youngest is now 13 going on 30)
*Said goodbye to some amazing pets, and gained new ones.
*Added a Long Arm sit down machine to my studio
*Discovered a love for Rulers and Batiks.

My work has taken on a new direction, and I am finding I love working in many colors I never used to consider. Besides my beloved Blues, Purples, and Greens, I have started exploring Reds, Oranges, and earthy tones.

I made a number of quilt tops and then let them sit. My focus as I enter into 2019, is to finish what I started and sell them. Some I have finished and am selling as it. Others, I am posting so that a potential buyer can have some input to color and backing material. I do not have a pantograph or computerized machine, so I still quilt in a more overall simple edge to edge. But in my time, I am mastering the art of the rulers. So much fun!

The other difficulty I have had with keeping up with posting is the iCloud photo hurdle. I take all my pictures with my phone, not a stand alone camera. And it is not as easy to upload to my platform anymore. So, while I figure this out, I apologize for the lack of pictures. It will be something I figure out soon I hope. 

Meanwhile, so pictures I do have, to show what I have been doing, and where my time has been spent.
 Bonny Hunters 2018 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune"
 Quilt I am selling called "Color Study" with a beautiful Jinny Beyer Fabric line.
My second "Pick and Choose" quilt, sold.

A quilt my mother made, that I quilted on the long arm with rulers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think, ideas, suggestions, or just say hi! I love knowing you were here!