I often claim to have a Quilting "Hobby" in attempts to hide my obsession with fabric and color.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Granny Blankies

Look! 2nd day in a row I have managed to post something! It's a new year baby!

As I mentioned in a previous blog, last summer I decided to "tech" myself crochet. I have knitted scarves, hats, and pillows for years, but found it a little bleh. I dappled a time or two in crochet, but really, found it's a little tricky to learn from pictures of other people's hands in books.

So last summer when I got an iPad for my birthday, I pulled up that nasty YouTube, searched Crochet, and "poof" a whole new hobby was born. Now I will state up front I will NEVER make anything that can be considered clothing, but lace edging, dishtowels, blankets, scarves, what FUN!

In addition to all the little things I have tried, I have made now 3 full size granny blankies (one for each kid) and a ripple blanket for myself. Here are the grannies:
This is Tori's and the colors she picked.



Becca's in BRIGHT rainbows.

And Aerik's in "boy" colors.

I made them all with the Carron Simply soft yarn and boy are they cuddly soft. I find that Crochet is the perfect end of the day activity while watching a little tv. A switch from the sewing machine, and still portable.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! I took a long break from crocheting a while back, and it was so refreshing to get back to it a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think, ideas, suggestions, or just say hi! I love knowing you were here!